October 18, 2013

Office Politics...Lesson Learned!!

Hey all you bloggers, its the month of Halloween and of course the Oktoberfest is here!!

Office Politics. Ever heard of it?

When you hear the phrase “office politics,” what comes to mind?
Do you imagine:
  • Favoritism
  • Back-stabbing
  • “Makes me want to run and hide”
  • Cronyism
  • Self-interest
 
It’s not a pretty list, is it?  Yet, whenever I talk with my friends about “office politics” their viewpoints tend towards these types of words. Which is actually I find it TRUE INDEED. And everybody has a really 'GOOD' experience with office politics....being manipulated is one of it and it already happen here quite sometimes in my offices.

I learned that no matter what your company, you’ve probably encountered organizational politics. Most of the people you work with misaligned priorities, pursuit personal goals, and unresolved issues — all often lumped under the umbrella of “politics.” And there's always one person among of all staff in the organization really don't like to see you up in cloud nine and will always tend to bring you down. Jealous!!!

Here are just a few lessons I’ve learned:

1. Always give honest responses.

2. You don’t have to be friends with everyone.

3. Don’t settle in too much.
“If I had to, I could clean out my desk in five seconds, and nobody would ever know I had ever been here. And I’d forget, too.”

4. Everyone has distractions that sidetracks the task at hand.
“When I discovered YouTube, I didn’t work for five days. I did nothing. I watched Cookie Monster sing Chocolate Rain about a thousand times.”

5. It’s OK to think about the end of the day, no matter how much you love your job.
“Lord, beer me strength.”

6. Sometimes work makes you irrational and cranky.
“I want to clamp that 21 lady face in a George Foreman grill.”

7. Dreams die. Find new ones and move on.

8. Just be yourself.

9. You will ALWAYS have to do math.

10. Performance reviews are arbitrary and subjective to your supervisor’s mood.
Awww...this is so damn true!! Its happens everyday, so welcome to HELL.

11. Don’t skip lunch. It’s your one bright spot in a bad day.
"Whenever I encounter one of my worst day, food is your best friend" my friend told me this afternoon when we had our lunch together and I think its reasonable, I mean you can't resist food because food is tasty (in general). At least it helps you feel better.

12. No one will ever really understand what you do for a living.

14. Your office is not your home. It is not worth dying for the job…unless your job is saving lives. Get out.
“Nobody should have to go to work thinking, oh this is the place that I might die today. That’s what a hospital is for…”

People said we should be a professional when handling with work but believe me...I know a few people that handling work that use "PROFESSIONALISM" in their own way. Hmm...way to go jerk!!  Here's an advise for you : Please try not involved any emotion or get revenge on something or to somebody you don't like and misused your powers. You should be a LEADER NOT A BOSS.

Well the conclusion is.....It’s easy to use “politics” as an excuse for a lack of achievement or an outlet for your frustration. But it may be a lot more effective to use “politics” as a way to get things done.

Until then, Happy Halloween everybody
P/S Watch out for Micheal #Thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment always make my day